Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Army Party

I AM BACK!  I have a lot to share, but I am going to take it slow and steady.  First a few updates.  I am still located at the Stillwater Antique Center in Greenville, RI.  I will be switching booths from 107 in the front to the furthest aisle, corner booth in the back left corner.  I did not need as much space and really couldn't keep up with it.  I am going to try to step back a little and refocus.  I hope to make a lot of changes and get more organized over the next 6 months.  I have been dwelling on the idea that I feel stuck between who I am and who I want to be.  I have a goal to combine these two realities and become a whole person!  Is it possible?  We shall see.  I can be so organized in some areas and so scattered in others.  I go 100 miles an hour every day and I have had enough and so has my family.  So I have put on the brakes.  I am getting my priorities in line and I will see where it leads me.

 I do have a Farmer's Day planned for this Sat 10-4 at Primrose Valley Gardens.  I would love to see some of you there.  I will be giving 20% off your entire purchase including custom orders if you mention that you read it here. This is the link to Primrose Valley Gardens facebook page to give you more info. https://www.facebook.com/events/105353619620150/

Ok, moving on, so as far as where I have been and what I have been doing, well that will take a while.  We had a very busy summer and fall.  Over the next month or so I hope to update you on all the trips, parties, and projects that have been happening around here. I am really excited to share some of the projects because they are ones that have been on my "to do" list for a long time.  It feels so good to get them done.  And I love how they came out.  YAY!

For now I would like to share the pictures from Joey's army party.  This was from last January and I never got around to posting them.  Joey turned 6 and  was really getting into army stuff.  He decided he would like an army party.  So I went to work researching ideas for a party and this is what we came up with.  We rented the hall at our church.




 So when the troops first arrived they had to be "processed".  This is where they received their flag sticker, dog tags with their name on it, face painting, and picture.  I printed the flag out onto large mailing labels and cut them into individual stickers.  We placed them on their arm sleeve. 





 They then found which "squad" they were in.  The troops were broken into two squads for the games to come.  They sat and colored pictures of tanks and fighter jets while they waited for all the troops to be processed. 



 Emma was a great soldier!  She held down the fort!
 I am very upset that I did not get pictures of the MRE that I made.  You can see the labels that I made.  I printed them on to mailing labels and then cut them out.  I put the food listed on the label in brown paper bags, folded them over and attached the label.  They were the cutest little brown packages!
 Boot camp was fun.  Sgt. Bobby had the troops solute and did role call where each soldier had to answer "SIR, YES SIR". 



 Next was the games.  They did a relay race and obstacle course.  They also had stand on a chair and drop a paratrooper and see who got the closes to the landing spot.  There were prizes for the winners.
 The final activity was a rescue mission in which each child had to go with bandages (toliet paper) on to the battle field and collect wounded soliders.  NO MAN LEFT BEHIND.  They each had 8 little soldiers to wrap and bring back to camp.  They each were given a purple heart sticker and and certificate.  Again I just printed and cut the sticker.  The certificate I made my own and printed it on camo paper.  I have attached a picture of one similar below.  I can not find the one I made.
 






 I had planned to make my own cake but did not end up with enough time.  SHOCKER!  I called the local grocery store and begged to get an army cake fast.  They did not make an army cake....hmmm...ok, can you make dirt??  Yes, GREAT!  I just added a toy tank, perfect!

 

Upon completing their mission they received their own box army play box.  I got containers from the dollar store, made a mission complete sticker and stuck it on top.  We have many little rocks in our yard so I filled the boxes up and put in army men, tanks, and jets.  They all had a great time!

1 comment: