Thursday, July 26, 2012

Well it has been a while since my last post.  We are enjoying our summer and have been very busy having some fun.  I will have a few posts on all of our summer activities when I have a chance, but for now I thought I would give you a glimpse of my house. We bought our 1932 cape 9 years ago and as with most older homes it needed quite a bit of work.  One day I will show before pictures.  
Very slowly we have gutted each room and remodeled.  We are on our second and third round in some cases, but feel that we have finally created rooms that we love.  My husband and I have done all the work ourselves.  We hired out only 2 jobs.  One was the plaster in the kitchen and the other was replacing and converting our old furnace.  In time I will go over each room in detail and explain exactly what we have done and hopefully pair it with before pictures.  





Antique stool that I painted on.  The kids use it to reach baskets on the upper shelves.
This again is the playroom but I added some pictures to see the overall look.  It is still not complete.  I have more details to add, such as, a rug and lighting.  I also have a few projects that I would like to do.  All in good time!

View From Kitchen
View From Livingroom
My Rug
Hanging herbs








If you haven't guessed already, this is my dinning room.  I will give more details about paint color, projects, and where I purchased items in a later post.






These are pictures of my three loves in the tub all at the age of 9 months




This is our downstairs bath.  The clawfoot tub is an antique and did not come with the house.  That is usually one of the first questions I am asked.















Kitchen and hallway.  This was the very first thing we did when we purchased the house.  I still love the layout, cabinets and counter.  We do need to update with some fresh paint.  I would also like to add some other details that will really make a difference.  We plan to start work in here in the spring.  I will be blogging more about this as the project grows closer.  Stay tuned!

1 comment:

  1. What a magazine worthy home, yet it looks so livable. Charm is everywhere. Love, love, love it!

    ReplyDelete