Monday, June 11, 2012

I can not believe it has been a week since my last post.  I had such a busy week that it fees like just a couple days have past.  Let's see...Tuesday my dad and Sue left to go back home to WI.  I spent the rest of the afternoon cleaning the house and working in the yard.  Wednesday after I took the boys to school I went to the orthopedic to get the splint off my finger.   For those of you that don't know, I dropped a dresser on my finger back in March and ruptured my tendon that is right at the knuckle.  Do not do that, it really hurts!  So it is stiff and I am doing exercises.  I am suppose to have complete movement back in 2 weeks.  I am not feeling it, but we'll see.  As I had mentioned earlier, I helped to plan a very big end of school field day event for the boys' school.  I had many things to prepare for that.  I got it all done and it was an amazing day.  I have a whole post to share on that another day.  Thursday night I was up late cooking corn, making a salad, stuffing gift bags and painting a sign.  Friday we did not get home until after 8 pm from our big day that ended with Joey graduation from kindergarten and Jonny from preschool.  It was such a sweet day.  This weekend we got a lot of small projects done and spent time together as a family.  After church we spent the day in the yard.  The boys played in the sandbox with the hose to make trenches.  Then they bounced in the bounce house.  Bobby took them each separately for a bike ride.  Jonny is learning to ride his with training wheels, and Joey is learning to ride with out training wheels.  Big steps for them both.  We had dinner from the grill and topped the evening with an ice cream cone.  It has been a great weekend.  I love summer time!

I am very excited to show some glimpses of the playroom.  I am still working on a couple projects and have some other details still left to do, so I am not ready to show the whole room.  It may take a while to put the finishing touches on, so I wanted to share some of what we have done.  I love the way it is coming together.  I admit that I am NO photographer and do not have much patients for editing, so the pictures are not the best, but you can get the idea.  The color on the wall is Benjamin Moore's Revere Pewter.  The trim is BM's White Dove.  I made the curtains and bean bag pillows.  The playroom rules sign is painted in BM's Deertrail, which is the same color as my dining room.  I love how all the colors work so nice together.  This sign was my most challenging yet.  I have seen a couple of these on etsy, but they were smaller than what I wanted and didn't have the exact words that I wanted, so I created my own.  This sign took me a while to do but it was worth it.  It turned out beautifully and adds personality to the room.






The coat rack I made out of a piece of wood from an old mill that my brother got for me.  I love the history and character that is in this wood.  I cleaned it, sanded it, and waxed it.  I loved the deep aged color and all the nail holes.  I ordered hooks online.  I wanted this room to feel rustic and sophisticated but also keep it fun and young.  I went with ABC and 123 for the hooks hoping it would keep the feel I was going for.  I was so excited when it was finished and looked even better than I hoped.  This project was one of my favorite, because not only does it add warmth to the playroom, but it also gets the coats out of my kitchen hallway where they previously were.  When I started to design for this room I knew I wanted certain elements.  I wanted a place that they could sit and write, read, color, paint, be creative.  So for Christmas, Bobby's parents got the kids a table and chair set.  I found an old wooden tool caddy and painted it grey to keep on the table for all there art needs.  It is exactly what I was hoping for.  They are already enjoying being artful!  I love it.  Another idea I really wanted was to have an area to display artwork.  I thought the use of a clothes line was the best way to display many pieces while taking up the least amount of space.  It works great, looks adorable, and they boys light up when they see their art displayed.







Well that is all I have to share for now.  Let me know what you think!!  You can leave a comment after this post.  Have a great Monday!!

Kelli


3 comments:

  1. I would love to hear from you! Leave a comment to say hello or tell me what you think!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute! You are so good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it all from the curtain pattern to the clever "art line." Why didn't I think of that when mine were young? You are such a creative whiz.

    ReplyDelete