Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Playroom Update

Ok, so the weekend has past and I did not post the pictures I promised.  I am late as usual.  I have a great excuse though, my mom is in town visiting!  YAY!  I haven't seen her since September.  She hasn't seen Miss Emmalyn since she was 3 weeks old, what a change.  We are having such a great time. The boys just love having her here.  She is here until Saturday and we are trying to pack in as much as we can.  A big event for us for this week is the Brimfield Fair.  This is my 12th year going, and it never gets old.  If you live in New England and you ever get a chance to go,
DO IT. 

It has not been all fun and games.  Even with my mom here, I have been busy staining the floors in the playroom.  They look great.  Bobby is going to put the final coat of poly on tonight.  Ahhhh finally the floors will be done.  All that is left is paint!!!  If we remain on schedule we will finish painting next weekend. 

I am also working on something that I can not share yet, but it is very exciting.  When I know that it is a done deal then I will tell you all about it.  So for now just pray everything works out!! 

 Below I thought I would share some pictures of Emmalyn.  One is from when my mom last saw her and one is now.  I have also included the "in process" pictures I promised of the playroom.   You can see the old radiator that has old, dirty, chipped paint on it.  If you look at the bottom of the walls, you can see the "old" wall underneath.  That is what the whole room looked like when we bought it.  With much pleading, I convinced Bobby to paint the walls so that we could at least use the room.  He finally agreed, but would not fix any thing, not even patch the holes in the walls until we could renovate the room completely.  That was 6 years ago.  The picture was taken after the new ceiling was put up, the crown molding added, new windows were installed and the trim scraped and sanded.  The floors are also sanded in this picture put not stained yet.  It is hard to imagine what condition this room was in, but you'll have to take my word for it that it was very bad.

 Emmalyn Grace 3 weeks old
Emmalyn Grace 8 months old






I am very pleased with the progress and can not wait to see the paint on the walls.  I am still working on some projects that are going in this room and hope to have a tutorial for you soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment