Sunday, May 20, 2012

It's Official!!!

You may remember a couple weeks ago I had mentioned that I had exciting news that I could not share yet.  I was not able to share because I was not sure if it was going to work out.  As you know I have a shop on Etsy and love to create and decorate.  It has been suggested to me by a few people that I bring my stuff to a shop to sell.  That idea never seemed to work out for many different reasons.  I needed something that would allow me to sell my own things first hand, but without having my own store.  Impossible right?  Well a few weeks backs it came to me that I should check out some of the local anique/vintage shops to see if any of them could be a place for me.  After talking to my brother I felt drawn to the Stillwater Antique Mall in Greenville.   I pass by it every day taking the boys to school so it would be easy for me to stop in and add items or straighten up a bit.  I also liked that I pay rent and can price my items myself.  It seemed to be a perfect fit.  I stopped in early last week to inquire and it was exactly what I was hoping for. It fit everything I was looking for and they had a great booth available.  I was too excited for words, but the biggest stumbling block was yet to come.  I had to talk to Bobby and get his take on it.  Really, I needed to know if I could do it.  I am very logical in my thinking and do very well in all my classes, yet my emotions and ideas can take over and my logic can go out the window.  I am a dreamer.  Bobby is my constant sounding board. He grounds me.  I thought for sure he would say I was crazy.  That is was a pipe dream and to not even give it a second thought.  To my surprise he said to go for it.   Everything was working out.   I still had to go back to the shop and clerify a few things with the owner.  I explained that I would not only be selling antiques or vintage items, but hand made new items as well.  Also, the vintage and/or antiques that I would be selling, for the most part, will be re purposed or refinished in a shabby chic, rustic, or Parisian style.  I was very honest that my booth would not be what is typical at an antique mall, however, because it fits the feel, we both agreed it was worth a try.  I signed the paper work!  It is official as of June 1, 2012 Burlap and Pearls will have a retail booth open to the public at the Stillwater Antique Mall in Greenville.   Stay tuned for my information, some sneak peeks, and a give away!

2 comments:

  1. This is wonderful. Can't wait to see what you do with your great eye.

    ReplyDelete