Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Weekend Recap





This weekend was great.  As I mentioned in my last post, I had a birthday party to go to on Saturday morning.  I made these cute little shirts and a matching hair bow for the birthday girl. 

Later that afternoon we went to Bobby parent's for a cookout for his Dad's birthday.  It was a beautiful evening.  We had great food and went on our usual after dinner walk.  Bobby's parents neighborhood have this tree with a tire swing on it that we walk the kids to, and they have so much fun swinging from it.

By the time we got home it was bedtime for the kids.  After we got them in bed I worked on a bunch of lavender satchels.  I was really pleased with the way they turned out.  My whole craft room is filled with the fragrance of lavender.

Sunday we went to church and then I worked most of the day on painting furniture and signs. I got a lot accomplished.  We then enjoyed a nice evening outside on our patio under our beech tree.  It was complete with burgers and hot dogs, corn on the cob, and watermelon.

Monday was perfect.  The weather was gorgeous.  Bobby took the boys to a nice park near us for a long hike.  Emma napped and I cleaned.  Once Little Miss woke up we packed up and met the boys at the park for lunch.  We had crackers and cheese, watermelon, sliced oranges, and bananas.  A beautiful tree sat on top of a hill next to a big rock and we placed our blanket almost under it so we had part sun and part shade.  The sun and hike wore the boys out, so when we got home they rested inside for a little while.  Soon they regained there energy and were back outside running through the sprinkler and playing in the sandbox.  That evening we had BBQ chicken tenderloins and baked sweet potatoes on the grill followed by ice cream cones.  Perfect!

Check back later for the sneak peaks and Giveaway I promised.  I will be posting it later today.  I wanted to do it with this post but did not have all the pictures I wanted. 








1 comment:

  1. Can't wait for the giveaway!!! :) ~ Emily

    ReplyDelete