Thursday, May 24, 2012

A Quick Meal

I love to cook and come up with new quick recipes.   My newest favorite was inspired by my friend Tara's blog over at the The Tiny Hummingbird.  Her recipe was for quinoa and black bean burgers.  They were delicious.  I just loved the combination.  I have recently been playing around with different quesadilla recipes, when it came to me.  A quinoa and black bean quesadilla! I made it the other night and it was amazing.  My husband thought I was a genius and my 3 and 6 year old had second and thirds.  That is what I call success.  The best part about it was that it was super quick and I had everything that I needed already on hand.  You can find the recipe below.  What is your favorite quesadilla recipe?   I would love to know if you try this one and how you liked it.  Let me know by leaving a comment in the section below this post.

Package of flour tortillas  ( I use whole wheat)
1 can black beans
1 cup quinoa (I like the tricolored from Trader Joes)  cook according to directions, usually 2:1
2 cups Shredded cheddar cheese
2-4 t of your favorite Mexican seasoning
1 T of EVOO

Toppings:  salsa, sour cream, shredded lettuce (whatever else you enjoy)

Combine the cooked quinoa and the can of drained black beans to a saute pan.  Heat on low until heated evenly.  You may add a little water if it gets too dry.  Fold in the Mexican seasoning.  Heat a separate pan on low and coat lightly with EVOO.  When pan is hot lay your flour tortilla in and fill on side with quinoa/bean mixure.  Top with cheese and fold the top of the tortilla over to form your quesadilla.  Flip after about 1-2 minutes.  This may depend on how much heat your stove gives off.  It should be lightly browned on both sides.  Serve with your favorite choice of toppings.  Enjoy.


No comments:

Post a Comment